What is RFID technology?
RFID stands for Radio-Frequency IDentification. Libraries with our RFID solutions have an RFID label enclosed in every book, which can then be read and written over a distance by our library solutions.
- Great reduction of false alarms: Thanks to highly accurate RFID antennae an incredible amount of books will be detected.
- Reduced queues: Checking books in and out becomes a breeze when you scan all books with just one touch.
- Improved working conditions for librarians: RFID solutions relieve librarians of monotonous, repetitive tasks so they can help their visitors again.
- Improved patron service levels: RFID makes self-service easy and user-friendly; enable visitors to check their own books in and out.
- Enhanced logistical processes: Automated Sorting Solutions remotely recognize and automatically sort books into the right bins.
- Increased circulation / turnaround: Due to fast, automated materials handling your library items are available for check-out sooner.
Our five RFID solutions for libraries
As RFID is a very scalable system for libraries you will always be prepared for the future. This means that you can start with a basic investment, e.g. labels and security gates, and later on you can add more functionalities, such as self service or inventory, without having to change any of the labels or products you bought before.*
Thanks to RFID technology, libraries can now conduct remote, real-time book inventory. We help thousands of libraries across the world with 5 simple solutions:
- Item Identification: No book leaves the library unseen.
- Staff Solutions: Librarians will have more time for visitors.
- Patron Solutions: Borrowing and returning books has never been as easy and quick.
- Automated Materials Handling: Books get sorted into bins automatically.
- Intelligent Shelving: Invisible detection in shelves makes the easiest check-in in the world.
Our solutions are modular and scalable. It doesn’t matter where you start, with Nedap Library Solutions every library is prepared for the future. A small library might only need its items to be secured or it might need support with the repetitive tasks, such as lending and returning library items. A large library might need more support with re-shelving books, sorting items or implementing a more efficient logistical system. Our team is always ready to listen to your wishes, so feel free to contact us.
*Note: Make sure your RFID suppliers work with ISO standards such as ISO 28560. That way you are independent and able to change suppliers whenever you want or add functionalities of other suppliers if needed without having to change the RFID labels.
How can we help you?